Monday, March 7, 2011

Blueberry Pie: "With thick, fruity juice bubbling through the crust."

Blueberry Pie! Thanks to my good friend Laurie, I was able to use some lovely frozen blueberries to make this great looking pie.


Before the top was added: Pretty Purple!






This pie was pretty simple to put together and really didn't have many ingredients either. I used the two crust recipe, as usual, on page 299.  The simplicity of the Berry Pie recipe in Betty made me a smidge hesitant, seeing as how this was my first Blueberry Pie. I hope my taste testers can give me some real pointers this time.







The tips given for a frozen berry pie were pretty much, if the fruit was sweetened when frozen, use less sugar. I'm sorry but really? I had to bake this pie for almost 20 more minutes than the recipe stated, because a few of the berries were still frozen. I would also recommend putting a little foil top on the pie, so the crust will not burn because of the extra time in the oven.

Finished product!

I am sharing this Blueberry Pie with my classmates from a Poetry Writing Class, I have been taking for the past 10 weeks. Lucky, duckies.

8 comments:

  1. Very cool Liz! I'm trying to remember if I have that cookbook or not... I think I am confusing it with my BHG one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! These pies look fantastic! If you teach me your pie-making ways, oh wise one, I will share my secrets...of...the DANCE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzzzz, that pie looks AMAZING. When can you make nine-dozen of them and overnight them to me? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I'm so happy to see you making all these pies! By the time I come home again you'll be a master, and I'll purchase you some ingredients just so you can make me one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing I am coming home in 5 weeks... especially now that you have practiced with the blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was delicious. we're exchanging recipes for sure (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's BEAUTIFUL! You're amazing Miss Sweetie Pie! Blueberry is one of my very most favoritest pies!!! M'm, M'm good!!!

    ReplyDelete